Über die Best Practice,
WeAre GmbH is developing a VR conference system with which industrial companies can streamline their communication processes in engineering. The software functions as a communication basis for decentralised exchange in engineering and is explicitly aimed at engineers as a collaboration solution. In a virtual conference room, all common CAD formats and files can be visualised without any preparation effort in order to present them to customers and colleagues interactively and immersively afterwards.
Besides the simple import of 3D CAD files into VR, various features allow direct editing of the immersive model in the virtual conference room. An exploded view allows a detailed analysis and marking of the individual components, with the X-Ray function a cross section and a direct view into the model can be generated and independently of the scaling the 3D CAD objects can be measured natively. Annotations and documents can be attached directly to the components by means of adhesive or voice notes, and additional notes can also be made on an integrated whiteboard. Surfaces and levels are recognised and realistically displayed, so that the product is experienced as if it had already been built.
This is how you look at best practice in 360°:
- Start the VR project via the Play button
- Activate the full screen mode in the lower right corner to see the VR project in full screen
- Switch the sound of the VR project on or off at any time
- Navigation within the VR project:
- Look around in the 360° environment to the left and right by dragging the mouse (mouse drag)
- Zoom in or out in the 360° scene with the mouse
- Click on an icon or object to activate it
If you have VR glasses;
Switch to Virtual Reality mode by clicking the VR icon in the lower left corner