Über die Best Practice,
BASF engineers use the AR app ARES on Microsoft’s HoloLens to plan and expand plants.
With the help of ARES, engineers visualise and edit planned pipelines and assemblies directly at their intended destination. Using the digital twin, it is thus possible to quickly determine whether planning and reality are compatible or whether changes still need to be made to the project.
“What-if” test scenarios also give engineers a better understanding of their planned factory layout. And even during the engineering phase, on-site control helps to notice and rectify deviations at an early stage before they lead to consequential problems.
This is how you look at best practice in 360°:
- Start the VR project via the Play button
- Activate the full screen mode in the lower right corner to see the VR project in full screen
- Switch the sound of the VR project on or off at any time
- Navigation within the VR project:
- Look around in the 360° environment to the left and right by dragging the mouse (mouse drag)
- Zoom in or out in the 360° scene with the mouse
- Click on an icon or object to activate it
If you have VR glasses;
Switch to Virtual Reality mode by clicking the VR icon in the lower left corner